Welcome


So, here I am, a 'Wandering Scientist'!
This wasn't really part of the plan if I'm honest.... When I was at school, and people asked what I wanted to do with my life, this would not have been the first thing on my list...... That said, neither would it have been the last thing on my list. At the time, I was not aware that there would be possibilities in the future to work in such a flexible way without having a "proper" job.
The purpose of this blog is to act as a vent for my frequent ramblings, to document the successes (and inevitable failures) of my progress starting out on this Freelancing adventure, and possibly to offer some insight to others who may be considering a similar non-conformist career path.

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Scientific Wanderings 2012 - A Poetic Review!

A bit late posting this, but it was written a couple of weeks ago, and then the usual start of term madness kicked in... Enjoy!

January was cold and frosty.
The weather wasn’t kind,
but with so much to look forward to
I really didn’t mind

Big Bang Fair, Birmingham 

February saw the lab coat parade
by Alice and her mates
at her science themed birthday party which,
though I say so myself, was great!


In March I joined the BBC
at the Birmingham Big Bang Fair.
Assisting the Bang Goes the Theory team
I did science with gusto and flair!


Bang Live, Edinburgh
In April I travelled to Edinburgh
for more science with a Bang!
Re-united with Dallas and Dr Yan,
and the rest of the BBC gang.


May saw me travel to Sheffield
For yet more science based fun
A city I’m very fond of,
and where my science career begun.
BBC Science Cheltenham Science Festival


Then June, the height of Summer –
It p*ssed it down with rain
but I worked at the Cheltenham Sci Fest
so I wasn’t about to complain.


More festivals and summer fetes
saw July pass in a flash.
Bailgate Busking Festival, Lincoln
Science busking in the Bailgate
Even generated some cash!


In August it was One Show Live
Back to Sheffield once again
for more work with BBC Science
in a muddy field in torrential rain.


Back to college in September
To lecture in science – OK…
and MATHS! Out of my comfort zone!
Not done maths since my own school days!


Molecular Jewellery
Ethanol earrings and pendant
October – a Hallowe’en pumpkin day
Spooky science was in the air.
The ideal day out for a skeleton.
Me and ‘My Mate Bert’ were there!


In November – a moment of genius,
an idea that came out of the blue –
Molecular jewellery – what everyone wants
It’s the next big thing – it’s true!


Bert gets festive
Santa Skeleton!
Then back to the festive season
December came round far too fast!
Christmas quizzes and secret Santas
Then New Year, and 2013 at last…


So once again I look to the future,
And what the next 12 months will bring.
I’m hoping for fun and adventure
And more wonderful sciencey things!

No comments:

Post a Comment